The Red Balloon

The first two pictures don't really go with the rest of the post but I had been on the search for an inflatable bathtub like the one I had for Jotham and I finally found it at toys r us. So once it arrived Amariah finally got to move out of the infant tub. This is her first time in it - she really seemed to enjoy being able to kick around in the water more. 
The 11th was the 3rd anniversary of Zephaniah leaving our earthly family. Jotham, Amariah and I ended up staying home from church, mostly cause the kids were both a bit sick with colds and also cause the roads weren't great for driving and Waylon went in early. So the kids and I had a lazy morning in bed, and then when I got them dressed they both wore their zebra clothes. Later we took some pictures of them with the bears we got for Zeph. I wanted to do something to remember Zeph but it wasn't until Jotham was having snack that I finally decided to go get a balloon and fill it with helium. We then wrote notes on it from each of us. Jotham had been saying earlier in the week that he wished his brother was here, so that's what he had me write from him.
We then bundled up and took our balloon outside. And though we know it didn't really get to Zephaniah we let it go anyway as a symbol of sending him our messages.   
We miss you Zeph...

Comments

Anonymous said…
a good way to remember
G&G