and so it begins

Another year has begun, and it would seem most people think its a time to look forward to what's ahead. I don't fit in that category, so far our year has nothing to look forward to, its a year of the unknown. Which some people may like, I however would like to know where Waylon will be working next, or if I'll work here for a bit while he stays home on EI with Jotham and looking for a new ministry to work with. So since I have no exciting things to look forward to that I can share with you, I'll tell you the last bit of our year and the first bit of the new year, in picture form of course.
A box is a great hiding place, and hide and seek is one of Jotham's favourite games to play again.
Trying out his new bath letters.
We were wanting to get away on a trip for a couple days, so after spending way too much time checking out our options, we finally settled on a B&B in Moose Jaw (aka Moose Josh according to Jotham). Our first stop was to the pool since Jotham didn't nap on the drive and would need to go to bed early. The pool was fun, the water slide was very slow, but Jotham still liked it. After bringing our things to our place we went out for supper at Bonanza, I hadn't been to one since the one in Abby closed when I was about 10 or so, it'd been a very long time. It was so good. We then stopped at superstore (since we don't have one in Estevan), and we picked up a few things. We spent the rest of our evening in our suite, the first night we had the penthouse, which sounds nicer than it was but it was good. There was space for Jotham to play, though he was most interested in being able to watch TV since we don't have cable. We had a good breakfast the next morning, Jotham had fun playing with a little girl who was also there, they both got a couple of their toys to show each other, it was cute. After switching our stuff to our next room as the penthouse was booked already, we headed out shopping. We needed a gift for a birthday party Jotham and I were going to on the weekend, and we were successful. We came back for naptime, and this is how I found Jotham when I needed to wake him up from his nap with his bum sticking up, I thought he looked cute.
We needed to wake Jotham up so that we could get to our tour of the Tunnels. We didn't really know what they were all about, but we were told they were cool and that Al Capone was apparently using them during prohibition. Turns out these tours are done by actors and everything is staged, there's a bar and offices and bedrooms and such. Jotham did not like it at all. The music was very loud in the bar which was the first area they brought us to, and that set the stage for him to not want to be there, he kept asking to go back to the car. We made it through the tour, we were only with one other couple, they weren't upset with Jothams' crying which was nice, and after introducing ourselves at the end of the tour we discovered they know the sr. pastor of our church, they live in his hometown. As for the tunnels it was interesting but I would have preferred just a tour of the tunnels, rather than the acting and the loud noises that go along with that.
We headed down the street to see what else was around, we knew there was a fudge shop so we looked in the there and found some yummy looking gelato. After choosing our flavours we were walking back to the car and I noticed the gelato was getting more frozen than it had been. It was only -30 out, but we still turned on the heat while eating our treat in the car.
Having spoiled our appetite for supper we needed something to do, we didn't really want to drive back to our place and then go out again. We drove by the movie theatre and discovered the Chipmunks was playing and it had just stared. We got in while the previews were still going. Jotham did pretty good for his first time in a movie theatre. He started crying very loudly just after the movie started so Waylon took him down to the aisle. After a few minutes I didn't expect them to return so grabbed all our things, but Jotham seemed to be fine, so for half the movie was sat in the aisle, and then later moved to the first row. Jotham ended up having a great time watching the movie and hopefully we made up for taking him to the tunnels. Here we are beside the Squeakquel poster.
The rest of new years eve was pretty uneventful for us. We got Jotham to bed, went downstairs and watched the Canada vs. US game with our host, and went back up to our room when we knew Jotham was really asleep. We started watching TV and since I was very sleepy, I fell asleep before midnight. Waylon was up, but couldn't find a countdown to watch and was disappointed with that. We had another great breakfast in the morning and then packed up. Jotham got to say goodbye to the little girl who was also getting ready to leave. He gave her a very nice hug and kiss. We wanted Jotham to stay up on our drive so he'd nap when we got home since we both wanted to nap, so after we stopped for lunch he was very entertained with Waylon's gloves.
It was very cold out and made for some entertaining static-y hair.
Jotham and I went to his friend Julia's birthday party on the 2nd. She's the little girl I had been watching. Here's Jotham enjoying his cupcake.
And here he is helping her open the gift we got here, an Aquadoodle. I have a similar toy that she loved to play with here, and I wanted to get her something I knew she would like, so I was happy when we found this.
It was actually cold in our house one day so Jotham wore his warm pj's and I thought he was cute, he hasn't worn pajama's with feet since early spring which here is Mayish.
We were about to go to the family center on Monday afternoon, all ready with our shoes and jackets, when Jotham threw up all over the floor. We ended up having a stay home day, in which Jotham couldn't keep anything down. He was happy though and for the most part had energy. We even played hide and seek, this is him after I found him hiding under the blankets.
Jotham's doing better now, we only needed to change his bedding twice. He so desperately wanted to eat or drink but nothing stayed down until the next morning. He's been doing fine now since yesterday, and today Waylon took him to the family centre to play.
So that's the beginning of our year, and a post with way more words than I intended when I started this. Also this is our 100th post, so Waylon says if you read this leave us a comment and we can see if there are a hundred of you...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank-you for the 100 posts! They were Great! oma
Yvonne said…
I'm still reading:) Would you consider Squealquel a kid friendly movie? Kyra's been wanting to go to the theatre and I was thinking about taking her to that one.

Thanks for your posts. I enjoy reading how you all are you doing.
Anonymous said…
Hello all. Jotham sure looks happy for a child that had a lot of disagreeable days. I pray that this will be the last of them for this year. Wow a hundred posts, and each one better than the last. Good blogging. Happy New Year. Love to all Opa.
Unknown said…
Hey Klix family- we are still praying for you all that God will reveal his plan to you for this coming year. We know how hard it is to not know God's plan. We'll keep praying!
JO
Me said…
I'm number five, just 95 to go! :) thanks for blogging, i enjoy the glimpse! LOL
Michelle said…
I read it! :) It's nice to keep up with you guys even when you are far away!
Tim and Anita said…
Thanks for the post Lisa, Jotham looks like he's getting so big! Good to hear you had a good New Years...Miss you lots
Anita
Unknown said…
100 posts? you've done well! So good to see all the pics and write ups. Keep it up. love and miss you.