Gingerbread and A Love Letter

We intended to build a gingerbread house on Christmas Day but since we were invited elsewhere we made it over the next few days. We weren't really sure what we were making until after we had baked the shapes we thought would work. Here it begins with rolling and cutting, I used my fridgesmart tupperware container, it makes a great rectangle. The next day we realized what we could make with it so glued it together with icing, Jotham thought it tasted good. 
Have you figured out what we're making yet?
The day after that was decorating time, with the world junior hockey game on in the background of course. There was much decorating with, and sampling of, our candy, chocolate and pretzels. 
Just in case you can't tell, its a gingerbread apartment, because that's what we live in. We like it, and I love how Jotham asks, "Can I have a gummy bear from our apartment?" It just sounds more fun than house would.

Jotham has been showing us how he is an excellent problem solver. I was saying that there was too much food in the fridge as I was trying to find room for more things. Jotham pipes up, "I know what can help you Mommy" and promptly goes to his play room and comes back with something helpful. Can you see it?
"My dinosaur can eat up all the food and then you'll have more room." He then helped the dinosaur make eating noises and then left him in the fridge so he could keep eating. And if you're wondering, the dinosaur is smiling in this picture, as I took it Jotham said, "Say cheese little dinosaur."

Waylon gave Jotham our old car speaker and some small metal bearings from work which make a great magnetic toy. Jotham loves building towers on it. 

Jotham and I went to Julia's 3rd birthday party last week, as you can see they both enjoyed cupcakes. I think you can see the bracelet on Jotham's arm which was the craft we did. Julia is looking at the picture and letter Jotham made her for her card (really his first love letter), and because it was cute, this is what he had me write: 

Dear Julia, 
I will miss you going to the train Julia. I want to give you a squeaky star toy and a black present with a red string on it, and a big pink volcano. It would be fun if we could play together. I love to jump and spin and exercise and play games with you. And I like to roll with you. And I love you, have a great snow day. I love going to the pyramid and finding treasure, we'll sail to get our treasure. I love you and a lion says Roar. 
Hugs and Kisses, Jotham
Last week we went to the park to play while it wasn't quite so cold. 
Here is Jotham on the slide. I was watching him not the camera.
We took Jotham to his first 3D movie this week. We saw Tangled,
 it was a great movie. Here we are looking super cool in our glasses. 
That's the last bit of 2010 and what we've been up to so far in 2011. We have booked flights for a trip to BC in March and are looking forward to having more time to see everyone this time. That's all for today...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, his first love letter. Good to see you having fun on the slide, the gingerbread apartment house is great - what a good idea you had. love you all. Gramma & Grampa
Anonymous said…
Wow this is so adorable!!!! Jotham and Julia sure have a good time together! I love how you wrote the love letter in there. Super Cute! Colleen