Snow Days

We've had some warmer weather here this last week and have actually been able to get outside, do some more sledding, go for walks and just play. Here is some of the fun we've had.

Our first trip out in the snow, Jotham was very excited to be in his sled, not so excited when he would fall in the snow trying to walk, but we got a great picture of his handprint.
Being pulled by me in the sled, I had boots on so I was
the one who pulled him through all the deep snow.
Playing on the outdoor rink, we forgot to bring his
hockey stick, but he still found lots of ways to play.
I loved watching Jotham and Waylon walk through the snow together, and the great trail of footprints they left. I love how Jotham made footprints but also dragged the snow between each one since he couldn't lift his feet high enough.
On our walk back Jotham discovered the
fun of having Waylon run with the sled.
Jotham enjoyed his first cup of hot chocolate
when we returned from our outside fun.
Yesterday Jotham and Waylon went out for some playtime in the backyard before we went shopping. They even found a snowball to play with.
Jotham wanted to colour this morning while we were making soup, (which was delicious) and this is what happens when he's not being watched. And that is why its important to use washable felts.
Here we are on our way home for our walk to the park. Jotham did better walking in the snow today, but his cute tracks from earlier this week were still there.
Jotham ended up not napping today, but did have a good 45 minute quiet time in his bed. He was in a great mood all day and he was playing with Waylon on the couch while I did the dishes after supper. They were having a great time and Jotham was giggling up a storm. After a few minutes of quiet I looked over to see them cuddling on the couch and I thought I would sneak a quick picture. As I got closer I realized Jotham was totally out. Here are my cute boys.
Jotham has now been asleep almost 2 hours, he fell asleep at 6:00, hopefully he doesn't get up too early, the last time he went to bed early he slept until 8:30 am so I'm hoping for that. (Just a little update: Jotham slept until 10pm, then asked to eat so since we were up watching the hockey game anyway, he joined us and had some play time, off to bed again.)

In other news, Waylon starts a new job on Monday. He will be an Educational Assistant working in a grade 7 class. Now that we know what Waylon's schedule will be, I'm looking at a couple options, so we'll see where God leads. This job of Waylon's will go to the end of the school year, so we'll be actively looking for something in BC that begins summerish. Let us know if you hear of any ministry positions. We're also looking forward to Auntie Nicole and Nadiya coming for a visit in the middle of February.
So that's us this week...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well your cute boys made our day. I'm getting cold just looking at Jotham's ungloved hands. I guess it could be worse, the snow could be here in the banana belt called "Balmy Columbia". Nice photo shots. Love Oma & Opa.
Unknown said…
these were great! I love seeing all the pictures.
Tim and Anita said…
you do such cute pictures Lisa! They look great!