More Christmas and Winter Fun

Last week we decided to see what all the fuss was about with making and decorating sugar cookies. I do enjoy eating them, and the cutting out was fun enough, nice and quick even with Jotham helping...

...and sticking his fingers into them.

And decorating was fun and all, Jotham did a great job. Waylon had the excellent idea of using Jotham's medicine syringes for the icing, they worked great. Here's Jotham decorating his star.

We managed to decorate almost two dozen, but honestly, I was bored after 5 minutes. I enjoyed helping Jotham, and they do look pretty good (some of them). We did have fun and it made for some great pictures (I have many more), but I'm not sure this is something I'll do every year. We'll see...

Here is our little Christmas angel ready for the Sunday School Christmas program. He did as good as you can expect from a 2 year old, especially after having to sit through the practice earlier that morning and through the first 20 minutes of church. He didn't sing his song until after it was over, but we do have little clips of it on video from practicing at home, so we'll try to get that together sometime.

After having a couple weeks of -40 and extreme windchills, it warmed up to -6 yesterday with no wind. So we took that opportunity to finally take Jotham out in his sled. He got it for Christmas last year from my parents and that was the only other day we've used it. So it was nice to be able to go out in it. Though he never smiled while he was in it, he loved it and kept asking for more. He even knew who's turn it was to run while pulling him.
Ok so he did smile here, but only because he wasn't moving and we were trying are best to make him smile.

He loved getting out and playing in the snow. We even showed him how to make a snow angel. He kept asking for a "Nose ball" (snow ball), but we explained how we needed BC snow for that.

He found it very entertaining when Waylon would throw snow at him though, he loved it.

So that's what we've been up to this last week... or at least some of what we've been up to...

Comments

Colin and Sarah said…
so fun to start traditions with your family! The cookies look so yummy... I haven't done much baking this year, but after seeing yours I'm inspired! I can't wait til Rupert enjoys the snow! Looks like Jotham had a lot of fun! such cute pics!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing! Love the angel!
Looks like you all had a lot of fun!
oma