A Bit of This and That

The past few weeks have been full of everything. Full of cute moments with Jotham, full of long car rides, full of visits with Grammie and Grandpa, full of Christmas decorating, full of days of tears, full of baking, full of wishing things were different and full of enjoying what we have. I have so much to say and share, but still not quite sure if I'm ready, so I'll share the pictures and we'll see what I end up typing.

This first set is from our trip to Moose Jaw. That was the 13th, and though we would rather have not needed to drive out there, we decided to make the most of our trip. We went out so I could have an ultrasound to be sure I didn't need a D&C, thankfully I did not. We did some shopping since they have an almost real mall with both a Sears and a Zellers. I was excited to find some sand toys for Jotham, which are hard to find this time of year. We also needed to buy Jotham a new pair of pants since we didn't pack an extra pair, and we seemed to forget to change his diaper for a long stretch of time, 00ps. Anyway, these are my boys playing at the park. Jotham saw the park as we drove by and asked to play. He'd done a great job on the drive, putting up with our shopping and at the clinic and though it was very cold it was a nice break.
Below we have Jotham playing with his new sand toys, he loves to play in the sand. We also have my first attempt at making tweedies on my own. Last time my mom was visiting and she showed me how to make them and did most of the work. We discovered that mom gave me the recipe wrong for one layer, so it wasn't my fault they didn't quite turn out. Waylon thought they looked fine and they did taste almost right, next time they'll be better.
We got a plant from our youth and the other leaders to remember Zephaniah. And though it would seem I should be able to keep plants alive (seeing as my Dad did have a nursery while I was growing up and he's great at growing things). I however, am excellent at killing plants. But Jotham knows that this is Zephaniah's plant so I need it to live, so please pray that it does (thanks). The two bears at the bottom are also for us to remember Zephaniah, Jotham and I picked the white one, and Waylon liked the panda bear, so we got two. And though Jotham picked the white one, the panda is the one he's allowed to play with.
These are a few of the decorations up in Jotham's playroom. We decorated it in time for Grammie and Grandpa to use it.
Grammie and Grandpa arrived on the 24th and stayed for a few nights before heading back home. It was great to see them and see all the pictures they had from their visit with Tim, Char, Myra and Isaiah. Also we love the booster seat Jotham got for his birthday from Uncle Tim and Aunty Charlotte, its great. So nice not to have buckles that get in the way. Jotham loved reading with Grandpa, he got Grandpa to read him his bedtime stories one night and the next morning needed more stories. Mom was busy mixing and rolling honey cookies for us while they were here. I did bake them, and we did the icing together. The cookies turned out great, not sure we'll still have any left at Christmas but we'll enjoy them while they last. We also went to the park one afternoon and enjoyed the above freezing weather one last time. We took some family pictures later that afternoon but I'll put those up another day.
We took Larry the Cucumber out of the freezer while my parents were here, this is Jotham enjoying the last piece of his birthday cake. I've been searching for a Christmas outfit for Jotham for a while and finally found one last weekend. I wanted to be sure it fit well and would fit for a while, so here's Jotham modeling his outfit. He wasn't so sure about the tags being on it still. We took the tree out that afternoon and did some Christmas decorating. When we were moving out here, Waylon had mentioned getting rid of our first Christmas tree, so when we arrived and were unpacking I was surprised to discover that we still had it. And its perfect, we wouldn't be able to fit a proper tree in here, but a tree painted on a cardboard box fits perfect!! Jotham loves it and doesn't seem to notice that's it's different from all the other trees we see.
Here is what we have decorated in our little home. Not much, but a lot more than last year.
I think in the pictures of me and Jotham I was doing something on the computer while he was watching Cars, not totally sure though. Waylon finally realized that I'm not in many pictures cause I tend to be the one taking them, so he was trying to make up for it. This was on Monday, before we were making a trip out to Regina. That morning Jotham also received a special package from Oma and Opa, his advent calendar. As Jotham has discovered, each little bag has a piece of an alphabet train, right now he's calling it his Christmas train. Jotham was trying so hard to put his boots on a couple days ago, he did it so well but with each boot going opposite ways. He does it properly too but it was fun to watch him try to walk with them.
Jotham made me some pizza the other night. He loves to use the oven mitts when taking something out of his oven, or storage racks. Yesterday Jotham was supposed to be napping, but instead played in his bed for 45 minutes. As you can see, he was very pleased with himself about it. He still had a great afternoon and evening, though he did the same thing today, but it didn't go quite as well. He was in bed earlier tonight which likely means and early morning that I'm not looking forward to. Yesterday afternoon we went to the family center (a free indoor play center), and some little girls Jotham had been chasing (they loved it) went to go put on dresses, so Jotham wanted one too, he picked Snow White, and was so so cute. And there's Jotham in the tub after a shower, our tub doesn't drain the best, so he loves to play in the water after. Last weekend he even had a shower on his own, with me helping on the side of course. He wasn't so sure about it, but after I turned the water off he wanted it back on.
A few cute things Jotham has been saying lately are "taste strawberries" when pretending to eat us, or "mmmm love chips" while eating chips, he also sees "lots nose" outside, (snow). He says more cute things but its late so we can't remember at the moment.

So, that's some of what we've been up to. There's more, but I've been working on this for a couple hours now, and am feeling done, so we'll save the rest for next time, whenever that may be...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you Lisa for the update. Almost like being there. Well not really but enjoyable just the same.I like your tree.Nice to be in touch again,love Oma and Opa.
Unknown said…
great sharing, - you do it so well
thanks Grammy
Crystal said…
Can I just say that you're a brave woman to allow a 2 year old to play in a sand box in your house?