Garage Sailing

We had a sailing adventure yesterday evening as Waylon didn't have youth (they are on a day trip today to the "Big City"). So I made a nice little map (on google maps of course) of all the garage sales we could go to in the evening. It is a bit odd that they have garage sales in the evening out here, but its much better than having to get up early on a Saturday morning, so it works. I had about 6 or so on the list but we may have gone to almost double that as there were many that hadn't been advertised that were near where we already were or saw signs to go check them out. 

On our first stop I was so excited to find a workbench for Jotham, and for only $5. No tools of course, but the workbench is in perfect condition. We found an extra garage sale as we were leaving that one and found a few little things, Waylon picked up some frisbee's for youth. At our next scheduled stop I found some paint pots with lids, which are just so handy to have. We continued on and found the kitchen I have been wanting for Jotham. Perhaps a bit much for a garage sale, but still only $15, and its once again in perfect condition and it's little tikes and they make the best things. We found another bonus sale where we had parked but didn't really have room for anything anyway, so we decided to drop our things off and then keep going. So far we were doing pretty good 4 out of 5 sales had things we wanted. The second half of our trip wasn't quite as successful, I think 2 out of 7 but still found a few things at the last place we went to. Some tupperware zoo toys, and a pair of brand new Robeez for Jotham. Here's are new treasures: 
Jotham was hungry so cooked the reindeer we found at a church garage sale. We don't have any food yet (well, we do have donuts from a matching game but thats it)
I love the little airplanes. 
And everything we bought would have cost the same as a brand new pair of Robeez.  So I'd say we did pretty good. We just need to pick up some food, dishes and tools which Jotham and I will look at this afternoon when we go to Walmart.  

We baked some cookies yesterday as well, they were ok, the kids had fun helping me bake though. 
The cutest little cow bum!!
Playing on the playground last weekend. 
That's it for us today, Jotham is napping, so I'm gonna get some things done, and then we're off to hunt for play food...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to see your treasures, you've been wanting these for some time. I'm sure Jotham will have lots of fun with them - hope you found some food etc. to make it even more fun.
love Grandma
Charlotte said…
Wow! You definitely have the best play area now :D
miss you so much!
Anonymous said…
Thank-you for sharing your success story. love oma
Klixtopher said…
I like that Jotham can build and cook at the same time, it's very important to teach multi-tasking early on. Hopefully he keeps track of what's edible and not though. :)