'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous

So since I really like my cloth diapers, and have been having fun trying a few different brands of cloth diapers I thought I'd share about them. These first ones are my favourite, and the original ones I got. (Well sorta, we actually started with prefolds, but we won't talk about them, cause while they are definitely the cheapest method of cloth diapering, they are a lot more work and I did also try Kushies, but they leaked for us, so we won't talk about them either). So the ones we first tried and LOVE are the Bum Genius 3.0 - they are a one-size diaper meaning that one diaper fits from 7-30 pounds with the help of handy little snaps that adjust the size of the diaper. 
I actually just got these all replaced, which doesn't change the fact that I love them and would still recommend them, in fact because the customer service was so good and helpful, it kinda makes me love them more. So why are they so great, cause they are super easy to change, wash and stuff (meaning putting an insert to soak everything up, all these diapers are stuffing ones, except for the organic cotton ones, those i just like - they are still great diapers, but take a long time to dry). 
These three I decided to try just to see what else was out there, the red is a Baby Kanga, the Cheeta is Happy Heiny's and the orange is a Fuzzi Bunz. 
I've been using these for a few weeks now, and I like the Baby Kanga - the stuffing pocket is on the front of the diaper under the snaps which means you really never touch anything you don't want to, they are also super easy to stuff and they fit Jotham really well. I believe they are my second favourite.  The Happy Heiny's by far have the cutest prints (I'm actually waiting for a cow print one). I think what I don't like is they were a bit trickier to stuff, because the liner is shaped, and they don't fit Jotham that well, they seem big on him, but he does look super cute being Tarzan. They do seem to work well though and have an extra set of snaps to adjust the size more which could be handy. The Fuzzi Bunz are the easiest to stuff ever. They are a single size diaper, so you would need to buy more diapers, however if you have more than one baby in diapers you'd need lots of the one-size diapers too, and chances are you'd have one in small and the other in mediums (unless the older child is already potty trained). I don't find that they fit any snugger than my one size diapers, the theory is that they are less bulky but I haven't found that. Another difference between these three diapers and the bum genius is that they are lined with micro-fleece instead of micro-suede, both are very soft and wick moisture away leaving Jotham nice and dry.  

So these are all the different styles I have (though there are also other colours).
 We really enjoy cloth diapering for a variety of reasons, but we know its not for everyone  (I did say I would never do it). That's all for today, don't worry I'll put up cute pictures of Jotham next time...

Comments

Me said…
Love it! a great into to cloth and awesome pics! Being pregnant makes me just itch for some new pocket diaps. I'd give almost anything to try out a bum genious. I have petite/large fuzzi bunz and just did the math, i have been using them for THREE YEARS on Mic! for a sized diap i am thinking thats amazing. ( i got them when she was about 1 1/2). We also have a cow print happy heinys. so fun! since the budget is tight, i am trying to get a friend that sews to make us some new diaps to add to the collection for the little one on the way. Shes never seen a pocket diaper in her life, but is an amazing sewer...we'll see...