Jotham,
Mommy wanted to write you a letter for your birthday, so you can read it when you're older and know just how much I love being your mommy. I love you so much and am so thankful that God has blessed me and your daddy with you. I never thought I would actually get to hold my own baby in my arms, or watch my own child grow up. But God gave us a miracle when he gave you to us, and I have cherished every moment with you. I loved feeling you kick and squirm before you were born, I knew you were so safe and that nothing was going to hurt you. I loved holding you in my arms after you were born and hearing your voice for the first time. I loved seeing Daddy holding you for the first time. I love that you love cuddling with me and sleeping in with me in the mornings. I love seeing your silly faces and hearing your silly sounds. I love watching you play and try new things. We have had so much fun and made lots of memories with you in these 12 short months. It has been amazing to watch you learn new things like rolling over, finding your hands and feet, making noises, crawling, climbing and walking, waving and blowing kisses. You have learned so much this first year, and I am excited to see what you will learn next. You are such a precious little boy and I am so thankful that I get to be your Mom.
Happy First Birthday Jotham!
Love, Mommy







Jotham listening to Daddy read his new book from
Uncle Tim, Auntie Char and Myra.
We tend to go out for supper on our Birthdays, so of course Jotham wanted to go out for his too. So we picked up some fun birthday hats on our way, and had a little celebration at ABC. We had yummy suppers and even got free dessert since it was Jotham's birthday (part of the reason we picked ABC, free birthday desserts are great).
And here is Jotham with his monkey,
which is no longer three or four times his size.
Comments