Tornado Watch in Indiana

Here we are in Elkhart Indiana, and just so you know now, I have no pictures for you. But I'm sure you'll all be just fine. It's already 1 am here on thursday and we're watching tv to see if the tornado watch turns into a tornado warning. Here's hoping it doesn't. 
So, our trip so far. On friday we got to our Travelodge Hotel only to discover that they didn't have a crib for us like they said they would. They did offer us a rollaway bed, and I'm sure Jotham would have done just that. So after discovering our computer wouldn't turn on, we phoned other hotels and found a nice one that had a room and a crib. So off we went to the Coast Gateway Hotel. 
On Saturday we had a yummy breakfast and then took the car to the parking place and were shuttled to the airport. We checked in super fast and then waited around. We got on the plane on time, but then found out we were waiting for the pilots to arrive, and once they got there they had to fix something with the tire. So we sat on the plane for about an hour or more before we actually left. Fortunately Jotham had a little nap during that time (once he finished screaming for 5 minutes- he was just really tired). The flight was great, though I missed having the tv's for free like we had on our westjet flight, but those were much newer planes. We arrived in Chicago at 6:00 their time, which is 4:00 BC time, and 7:00 Indiana time. Tim, Charlotte and Myra got there at the same time, which was perfect cause they thought we may have been there for a long time already. It was so great to see them not on a computer screen. Myra was having great fun walking all over the place and checking things out as we waited for our luggage. We then drove for 2 1/2 hours to Elkhart, it was a pretty uneventful drive besides Jotham being done with traveling and crying for a chunk of it. 
Sunday we relaxed for most of the day. Tim and Waylon drove out to Michigan to Mars Hill, which is a big church there. One of the pastors there is pretty well known for some video's he's done. However someone else was speaking, a guest from London and Tim and Waylon both really enjoyed him. While they were away, Charlotte and I took the kids along with another friend of Char's and her little boy for a walk around Ox Bow Park. It was pretty nice there. (oh, I hear some thunder). That night Jotham cut another tooth, so I was up with him for a while. 
On Monday we went shopping to the Premium Outlet Mall in Michigan City, that was about an hour away, it was pretty fun. We got some excellent deals. Then we went to Goshen to visit Rob and Sandy, some friends of Tim and Char. Sandy was also one of the YES leaders from when Waylon did YES. We also watched the hockey game and stayed up much to late, I wanted Detroit to win, but I was kinda hoping for OT, though not for Pittsburgh to win in OT. 
Tuesday we had a lazy morning, Charlotte and I did some shopping, Tim gave us a tour of the campus, Charlotte and I shopped again, and then (oh thunder) we went to Essenhaus for some really yummy supper. We had family style, we had a delicious chicken supper and great desserts. After we almost went for a carriage ride, but as we were debating the carriage drove off and we discovered it had closed 10 minutes before. So instead we walked around. 
Today, we went shopping once again. We're really getting good at it :). We also watched some hockey, and I am very excited that Jotham got to cheer on the Detroit Red Wings and watched them win. So, that's what we've done so far. 
There have also been lots of yummy homecooked meals and fun watching Jotham and Myra interact together. She likes to give him cuddles, or share soothers with him, or sit on him. She's tried to help him get up, which hasn't worked yet. They played with the blocks from Grandpa this afternoon. All sorts of fun. So, that's all. Perhaps I'll post pictures one day, we're back on Sunday (though we'll be sleeping so don't call) and will one day have a computer that works to share some pictures with you. Until then.....

Comments

Charlotte said…
missing you already!