You may think that we are crazy, and in fact we may actually be crazy. On Sunday night Waylon, Jotham and I ventured out to GM Place for our first family hockey game. Waylon had been once before many years ago, but Jotham and I had never gone. A friend of mine had tickets she couldn't use, so we bought them. At first I wasn't sure if Jotham and I would go, but he had the perfect outfit, so we figured we'd all go.
We had amazing seats. It said row 2, but it was more like the first, cause no one was in front of us as there is a spot for camera guys. And there were only two seats in our row. We were right in line with the Canucks net for the first and third and of course OT and the shootout. So we didn't get to see the Canucks shooting as clearly (besides on the jumbo screen). But we had the best view of the breakaway goal by Burrows. Well, at least Waylon did. Jotham and I were in the bathroom changing his clothes from his exploding poop :). I heard all the cheering and how loud it was and was so glad that Jotham and I weren't there, cause he would not have been happy. I was a little bit sad that I missed it, and once I saw the replay I told Waylon I was a little bit jealous of him and he said I should be. We also got to see lots of great saves, and some hits right in front of us.
Jotham did pretty well on our adventure. He was of course fine on the car ride to the sky train, and though he didn't want to be in his sling, he was fine being held on the train. At the game we were conveniently in a section with a family room next to it, so I could go there to nurse or change Jotham. (Though it was also easy enough to nurse in our seats too). Jotham was a little unsure at the beginning of the game, he had some great pouting faces, and some loud cries. I tried to put cotton balls in his ears so it wouldn't be so loud but he didn't like that. So I just kept his ears covered as best as I could. He fell asleep in the first period and then was a bit upset at the end of it. I discovered his explosion when the first intermission was almost over, so Jotham and I missed at least 5 minutes or so of the 2nd period. He had a hard time during the 2nd, but fell asleep again during the end of the intermission and slept through most of the 3rd. He watched some of it really well, but would cry if it got loud. Sometimes I thought he'd be upset, but then would be just fine, guess he got used to the noise. During OT and the shootout I was feeding him, which kept him a bit calmer. For the most part it was alright, and no one seemed to mind that we had a crying baby. They all thought he was so cute in his little outfit and when he was sleeping. He did so good on the train home, looking around at everything, just taking it all in.
(In Case you can't read the writing on the picture, it says
"On the Skytrain", "Pre-Game", "First Period" and "Third Period")
We had a great time. And perhaps one day we'll get to go again, when Jotham can actually enjoy the game !

Comments