3 years ago today (or maybe yesterday) was when we found out that I have PCOS. That was the day that my entire world fell apart. While I had always wondered if there was something wrong, I always hoped that feeling I had was wrong. Looking back its amazing to see all that God has brought us through. I have often heard that the first year of marriage is that hardest, throughout our first year I didn't see how that could be. For us it was the 3rd and 4th year. After finding out I had PCOS and that we would need medical help to have kids, I felt like I couldn't possibly be the wife that Waylon wanted. He never once blamed me or made me feel like it was my fault that we couldn't have kids, I put the blame on myself. Nothing he could do or say changed the way I felt. And while I attempted to trust God that there was a purpose for this and that He had a plan, I failed. Somewhere along our journey I heard the song, "Cry on my Shoulder" by Overflow, on the radio, I loved it and needed to find it. Once I had the cd I would play this song over and over and cry.
You say you're falling apart
Reached the end of the line
Just looking for your place in an ordinary life
No one calls you friend
No one even knows your name
You just want to feel loved instead of all the pain
(Chorus)
You no longer have to say
No one's listening anyway
Come here and cry on my shoulder
I'll hold you 'til it's over
I'll rescue you tonight
Let My arms be your shelter
Your hiding place forever
I'll love you more than life
You're wearing a frown
Given up on hope
My heart is reaching out
More then you will ever know
Is your burden too much?
Is it more then you can bear?
I'll help carry the load if you're willing to share
(Chorus)
You have had some hard times
Had thorns placed in your side
I know about what you've been going through
Tears of pain are falling down
It hurts so bad you're crying out
Your problems won't last forever
Let Me put you back together
(Chorus)
Eventually I did allow God to put all the pieces back together. I know that God has used this journey to bring Waylon and I closer together and also closer to himself.
One year ago today was when I peed on a magical little stick that changed everything once again. But this time it didn't shatter my world, but instead filled it with excitement as we celebrated that God had answered our prayers (and the prayers of many friends and family). I had come to the point where I didn't think I'd ever be pregnant, and some days I was ok with that. But I still hoped that maybe one day it might happen. This is a day I'm sure I will remember for a very long time.
Comments