Almost one...

To our sweet baby girl,
    It's 10:44 the night before your first birthday, (and if we were at home it's an hour later). While driving home (to grandma's) this evening Daddy asked what was I doing a year ago from tonight. After first answering that I was sleeping knowing I was going to be induced in the morning, I rephrased it that I was trying to sleep, knowing that you were soon going to be in my arms was so exciting, and I cherished the last moments when I had you all to myself. 
   It's hard to believe we've had (almost) a whole year with you already. You fit so perfectly into our family. For the first couple weeks or more Jotham insisted on calling you 'sister'. He still mostly refers to himself as 'brother'. He'd always introduce you to others saying your full name, which can be hard to understand from a fast speaking five year old.  Jotham often wanted to hold you and would then request that I take a picture of you two. It was so special that he brought you for his show and tell at school. Jotham loves to help chose your clothes or which colour of diaper we should put on you. He does a great job playing with you and keeping you from getting into trouble, or telling us when you are getting into trouble (usually climbing the stairs). He loves to kiss and hug you, which turns into tackles. He loves being your big brother. Which explains why he's ok with you using his head as a drum.  
   It has been so fun watching you learn knew things and seeing what you love. Climbing the stairs was something you were determined to do and did at 8 months. Eating wasn't such a big deal, you got a bit more interested when you could pick things up on your own to eat. You were so proud of yourself for learning to sit on your own. We clapped the first time we saw you do it and then you practiced it a few more times clapping for yourself each time. We've had lots of fun going to programs at the family centre, library and pool. You've taken your first steps walking between us and once you're ready we know you'll be even harder to keep up with. It's been great watching you learn to communicate with us. You can sign and say a few different things. I loved how you so carefully signed 'more please' when you wanted us to sing so you could dance. Seeing you dance or raise your hands and hearing you sing with us is so precious. You love to be outside and if you see a swing or any type of water always ask by pointing or signing please to go in it.
  Daddy loves having you on his shoulders when we go for walks, you love when he gallops and always bounce for him to do more. Daddy loves making you giggle and hearing your precious laugh. He loves when you nuzzle into his shoulder for a hug. Mommy loves that we get so much time just us. That you sign please when I'm already nursing you and then you smile because you're exactly where you want to be. I love cuddling with you at night, knowing you're safe in my arms. I love that you get excited when you see the wraps knowing that it means we're going to go for a walk. I love that you get so excited when you hear Jotham's footsteps come down the hall and wake up just for him with a cheerful grin. 
  We are so thankful that God entrusted us with you. We know that each day is a gift and we cherish each one. It has been an amazing year getting to know you and we can't wait to see what the next year brings. We love you so much sweet girl.
Happy First Birthday Amariah...
   

Comments

Anonymous said…
yes, happy 1st birthday Amariah - go good to have you here for your birthday. love G&G
Anonymous said…
Dear Amariah.We enjoyed celebrating with you at the park. Good to see all the friends and relatives that came to congratulate you. You are blessed to be loved by so many people. Love Oma and Opa.